But wait, there’s more! This award comes with some rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
There it is, being all lovely and award-like.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
- I have never been able to choose a favorite color. The closest I can get is saying I hate orange-red. Because I do.
- I am good at/enjoy doing waaaay too many things, as such I have difficulty choosing specific hobbies that I like to pursue.
- I think ants are really cool.
- My hearing is exceptional. Except when I’m not listening.
- I love anything involving dragons.
- I love the feeling of writing things out by hand. (Specifically anytime I get to write “the” or the letter “y”.)
- Serial killers fascinate me.
4. Pass the award on to 15 nominees.
- Insatiable Booksluts – This is the blog that got it all started. They got me back into reading, back into blogging, and even back into using Twitter regularly. To say I love these ladies is an understatement. Check ‘em out!
- Lucy’s Football – In her own words, she is “a crotchety old woman in a coming-up-on-middle-aged-woman’s body”. She is also hilarious and will expose you to news stories you never even knew you needed to be exposed to. (BUT YOU DO.)
- Captain Awkward – People in awkward situations write in and ask for advice. Without fail, the Captain’s wisdom is spot-on, informative, and amazing. I love this blog completely.
- Nhan-Fiction - A blog of inspirational quotes and League of Legends musings. Easily one of my favorite video game blogs.
- A Wild Feminist Appears! – She uses “logic”! It’s super-effective!
- Make Me a Sammich – This is the blog that got me into feminism. I <3 Rosie and all of her sammiches!
- Damn Right I’m a Feminist – Feminism is a force to be reckoned with–and so is this blog.
- Griffin’s Grub – A delicious, drool-worthy blog celebrating adventures in grilling and barbecque. ’nuff said.
- A Confederacy of Spinsters - The Spinsters, your charming hosts of this blog, are three twenty-something writers from Texas. They enjoy pancakes, BBC period dramas, and getting crunk. They are also utterly hilarious and insightful, and their blog posts are always a highlight of my day.
- Not Quite Old - A 61 year old writer tells stories about “the sweet balance between growing old gracefully and staying as young as possible”. Even though I’m a fraction of her age, I absolutely love reading her stories, and they help me cope with/learn about getting older.
- Frugal Feeding – Delicious food (and beautiful photography) for the frugal budget.
- We Matter Media – Recently found them through their being Freshly Pressed. A great blog dedicated to changing the world through media.
- Fork and Beans - a blog devoted to gluten-free and vegan recipes of all kinds, specifically ones that taste delicious.
- Ravena Guron – She looks at things in weird ways that just might save your life. She also has a completely fascinating blog that I really enjoy reading.
- The Friendly Atheist - My favorite atheist blog so far.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
That’s it! Thanks again to Leopard for the nomination, and the opportunity to squee over some of my favorite blogs/bloggers.